Detoxing is one of the latest things on the market that can help your health, wellbeing and fitness, but usually detoxes are paired with vital supplements that give your body that extra detoxing boost. Our health professionals have put together a list of the top five detoxing supplements that you should include in your diet now.
Top 5 detoxing supplements
1. Milk thistle – this natural detox supplement, which has an active component silymarin, has been used for hundreds of years as a natural body cleanser because of its detoxing abilities and properties. This already established herbal detoxing treatment helps to support the liver and protect against harmful toxins. Milk Thistle optimizes the function of the liver and helps to cleanse it over time. The seeds in the milk thistle were used thousands of years ago to promote good liver health and only began being used in modern times in 1968 when they were developed into a sellable product. But milk thistle doesn’t just help your liver. It can also help with cell protection, cell regeneration, boosts antioxidant activity, and reduces inflammation in the body.
2. Probiotics – these are great to help balance the bacteria levels in your gut. Supplement with probiotics and you will find that it helps ensure that your digestive tract and inside are free from harmful toxins that can affect your weight loss and detoxing efforts. Probiotics help to balance your intestinal flora and can improve digestive health and boost your immune system at the same time. You can find probiotics in foods like yogurt, and fermented vegetables.
3. Apple cider vinegar – this is one of the best-kept health and fitness secrets. Apple cider vinegar is known for its detoxing properties because it is filled with vitamins, minerals and enzymes and is one of the best ways to cleanse the body and get rid of bacteria. It also helps with weight loss because it aids digestion and cleanses the intestines. Add a tablespoon to your bottle of water and sip on this detoxing drink throughout the day, or just before and after meals.
4. Psyllium husk – this supplement is known for its incredible colon cleansing effects, as it helps to flush the intestines out and restore digestive function. Psyllium husk helps to get rid of harmful bacteria and allows your body to rebalance itself. Doctors recommend people with IBS, diarrhea, indigestion, and other digestive disorders to try supplement other harmful toxins with psyllium husk for a relief. Basically when you ingest psyllium husk with water it helps to clean the intestines of toxic buildup, which happens over a significant period of time.
5. Vitamin C – this beneficial antioxidant helps to get rid of free radicals that are generated in the liver when you detox. It also helps to reduce your risk of getting gallstones, protects the lungs and boosts your immune system significantly.
Remember to combine these 5 detoxing supplements with a healthy diet, which should include a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and lean proteins, like turkey and chicken or fish. Speak to our experienced doctors and nutritionists to get an idea of some of the detox programs at Thanyapura Phuket. Whether you want to lose weight, or recover from an illness, or just be healthier then we have a range of options for you to choose from that will help you on your health and wellness journey.
Optimize your potential!
You can choose from our 3 Night or 7 Night packages or enquiry with us for your own customised plan to fit your schedule. You will be given a personalised schedule and daily plan involving everything you see below. You also have access to our entire facility including our world-class sports trainers and classes.