Thanyapura’s Heart Opening Yoga class helps to massage the heart and widen the space around it by focusing internally and understanding the relationship between the heart and the body. The class primarily focuses on opening the chest and the shoulders – stretching the pectoralis major, pectoralis minor and anterior deltoids, whilst stimulating the diaphragm and heart. This process of opening also helps to develop practices for back bending, as the space is distributed correctly on the right part of the spine, improving posture and strengthening the back.
Yoga is a wonderful practice that benefits the individual in many ways. Regular students can expect to see an increase in their strength from building up tone without bulking out the muscles, an increase in flexibility, improved respiration, energy and overall vitality, weight loss and a stable metabolic rate, improved cardiovascular health and overall athletic performance. Yoga benefits athletes and individuals from all disciplines as it builds on the foundations any athlete needs to improve their own sporting focus. It is also builds awareness, as each movement demands focus and attention.
Although yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, originating around the 5th or 6th Century BCE in ancient India, it has only relativeley recently gained prominance in the West – in the 20th Century. Today, millions of people regularly practice forms of yoga, and aspects of its influence can be found in gyms, schools, places of worship, before or after competitive sports games, and in homes around the world.
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Better posture
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
MEMBERS & HOTEL GUESTS
STAY WITH US
JOIN THIS CLASS
JOIN 3-MONTH MEMBERSHIP
- Discounts available for block bookings for multiple sessions.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Book Your Class
Let us know how we can help you and one of our dedicated concierge team will get back to you very quickly. You will also receive a copy of your enquiry send immediately to your inbox.