For those that may not necessarily enjoy running or eliptical workouts, but enjoy dancing, Thanyapura’s Hip hop class is a great workout – and great fun. Participants break a sweat by making their way through an addictive infusion of dance styles and new sounds. New choreographic moves are developed as the class progresses, all whilst mainting an elevated heart rate and getting the blood pumping.
Hip hop originates from a subculture that developed in the 1970s in The Bronx, New York, and is characterised by 9 expressive elements; Breaking, MCing, Graffiti Art, DJing, Beat Boxing, Street Fashion, Street Language, Street Knowledge and Street Entrepreneurialism. Hip hop dance evolved soon afterwards, and includes Breaking (a variety of footwork skills whilst standing up), Locking (freezing in place before continuing with the routine) and Popping (moves that only use some parts of the body, or quickly contract and relax certain muscles to cause a jerk effect).
Thanyapura’s Hip hop class focuses on improving cardiovascular health (and not perfecting technique). All are welcome – even those with no prior experience in dancing! Equal emphasis is placed on having fun as well as breaking a sweat. Participants can burn up to 400 calories during an hour workout.
Hip Hop Dance Methodology
- Combines easy-to-learn dance moves with the latest musical tracks
- Burn fat while learning new moves such as krumping, the harlem shake, jerkin’, floating, breaking and much more.
- Fun and intense workout to tone your entire body
- You want to have fun
- Improve stamina
- Get fit and lose weight
What Should I Bring?
- Bottled water
- Workout towel
- Athletic shoes
Additional Class Information
Warnings or extra advice…
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
MEMBERS & HOTEL GUESTS
STAY WITH US
JOIN THIS CLASS
JOIN 3-MONTH MEMBERSHIP
- Discounts available for block bookings for multiple sessions.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Book Your Class
Let us know how we can help you and one of our dedicated concierge team will get back to you very quickly. You will also receive a copy of your enquiry send immediately to your inbox.